Friday, February 28, 2014

Book Review: I Like Giving: Practical Ideas, Inspiring Stories by Brad Formsma

*I received this book via WaterBrook Press for purposes of review, however all opinions are my own.



I Like Giving:  Practical Ideas, Inspiring Stories
by Brad Formsma

About the Book:
"When you choose to live a generous life, you start to change and so does the world around you. Something incredible happens when giving becomes your own idea, not something you do out of duty or obligation.

When you move from awareness to action, miracles happen. As you make giving a lifestyle, you’ll realize you’re not only loving life more, you’re also creating a more generous world— a better world for all of us.

Rich with inspiring stories and practical suggestions, I Like Giving helps you create a lifestyle of generosity. Inside you’ll find:
• Giving—something you get to do, not something you’ve got to do.
• How to raise kids with a sensitivity to others’ needs.
• You don’t have to be a millionaire to make a difference.
• Practical ideas for giving to people around you every day.

I Like Giving is about experiencing the joy of giving. We all have something to give. Giving goes way beyond money or things. It can be a listening ear, a touch, or simply the gift of time. Giving is living."


My Review:
A lot of times when you hear the word "give" you automatically think of money, but giving does indeed go way beyond that.  In this book, you get to see how giving brings blessings and that it isn't always about money.  Whether it's time, attention or just your presence, giving comes in many forms.  I know for me that I love to give, it gives me a personal high that nothing else can give.  Whether it's spending time with someone who may not get any attention or returning the cart for the lady parked next to me at the grocery store, giving in these little ways gives me pleasure and can turn a bad day into a good one.  And what is super cool is that my giving can lead to others to give too.  
In this amazing book, the author shares inspiring stories of how others give.  From a 6 year old who gives her dolls away to the lady who by giving allowed a nursing student to complete her degree, there are tons of stories that show how rich giving can make you!  You will also see how you don't have to be a millionaire to make a difference and get some super practical ideas on how you can share the joy of giving.  
I loved this book and I think it would make an excellent gift for anyone.  I am also gonna have my kids read it because even the youngest can use some inspiration and this book is jam packed with inspiration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...