Thursday, January 30, 2014

#TBCCrafters Craft Hop - Create a Personalized Dream Journal


Check it Out!  Since I have been feeling very creative lately, I decided I needed a new journal to record my ideas and sketches and dream projects.  Before the fire, I had 2 binders full of all of these things, along with poems and sayings and quotes that I had found over the years and liked and the more I get back into crafting the more I miss those binders. 
I love altering notebooks because there are so many options, so for this one I used a top bound note pad



I have discovered that I get super creative when I have a paper kit that has a collection of papers and stickers and embellishments.  I have been using this Hello Summer Collection kit made by Echo Park to make a slew of greeting cards and I still have so many pieces left that I knew it was perfect for my journal.  I also used glue, pop dots and some glittered chipboard and tape pieces.
After gluing on my pieces of cut scrapbook paper and layering them to my liking I added my title with stickers and added some of the embellishment stickers as well.


I only had one sheet of the sticker letters but I didn't have enough L's so I used a K and cut the portion off I didn't need. A great tip for getting your letters straight and evenly spaced is to use a ruler.  Stick just the tops, or the bottoms, whichever works best for you, to the edge of the ruler.  You can space them easily and arrange them.  Once you have them where you want, just place the ruler on your paper, stick the letters down and pull the ruler away.  

As I said I love to alter notebooks and if your looking for a few other different ways to alter yours, I have a couple of ideas that I posted a few years back.  You can check out my Notebook Purse and Briefcase as well as some altered notepad and pen sets.




4 comments:

  1. How fun - this would be great for my shopping list, too!! Pinned & Tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a journal fanatic and this one is fabulous!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use a K for an L. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! My son loves having note books to write or draw in. I may have to do something like this for him. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...