Sunday, July 28, 2013

Book Review: I Am A Church Member by Thom S. Rainer

*I received this book compliments of Shelton Interactive for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.



I Am A Church Member
by:  Thom S. Rainer

About the Book:
"In what started as a 500-word blog post that drew an exceptional response, I AM A CHURCH MEMBER: Discovering the Attitude That Makes the Difference (B&H Publishing Group; hardcover; May 1, 2013) takes a hard look at the unfortunate state of church membership – self-serving, disengaged, and minimally committed.
On a mission to spark new life into the membership of the church, Thom S. Rainer explores the cause of this biblical disconnect and unapologetically addresses what is expected of those in the church. Further, he outlines six ways Christians can recommit to the church."

My Review:
Written by LifeWay CEO and best selling author Thom Rainer, this book explores societies biblical view of the church and the common problems that churches face as far as church membership goes.  It was slightly surprising to me that according to their research only 15% of the Millenials, (those people born between 1980 and 2000) are Christians, which means we are losing that generation, which is very sad.  This book is a look at how our culture views and treats church membership and it is very realistic.  This is a short quick read with 6 pledges and 6 ways to relook at your church membership, your attitudes and your hypocrisies.  
I think every church member should read this book and learn how to reclaim the joy of church membership.  It certainly has me looking at my views and my relationship within my church to seek that higher level of commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...