Monday, November 7, 2016

#MakeIt Monday- Upcycled Pringles Can into a Gift Container


Check it Out!  Last week I shared my adorable and easy to make floral petal butterflies.  You can check out that post HERE. This week I wanna share another easy craft that I used some of those butterflies on.  
Because I love using old objects in new ways I of course have some pringles can lying around.  My youngest son DJ LOVES pringles!  So over the years I found many uses for them.  From storing paint brushes to creating these awesome gift containers. I have used these for gifting cookies in the past but just recently I was cutting a container up and experimenting with another project.  I had the bottom portion left in tact so I decided to make mini containers for gifting things like rings, bracelets and even candy.   


I used those cute little butterflies inside too to dress it up.  The supplies for this project are actually really basic...
  • clean pringles can
  • hot glue
  • mod podge
  • fabric or scrapbook paper
  • lace
  • ribbon
  • felt
  • embellishments
  • flower petal butterflies
  • box cutter
  • ruler
  • paintbrush




To get started I measured and made marks all around the can to get an even line to cut.  Using my box cutter I cut the top off the can. 


Next I cut a piece of fabric to fit around and down inside the can.  You could also use scrapbook paper to do this, but I like the pliability of fabric. I lined the edge of fabric up with the outside bottom edge of the can and used my paintbrush and mod podge to adhere and seal the fabric to the can.


I pushed the remaining fabric at the top inside the can and sealed it down as well with the mod podge. 


To finish off the inside of the can I cut a strip of felt that fit the inside rim and used hot glue to seal it on.  Using the lid I cut three round pieces of felt as well.  One for the bottom of the can, one for the inside of the lid and one for the top of the lid.  


I added lace around the bottom outside edges of the can as well as the lip of the lid.  I then used flowers to finish embellishing the outside.  I made the flowers on the tops of the cans using strips of fabric.  I'll post that tutorial in an upcoming Make It Monday.  I may be slightly addicted to making them! lol I also added a butterfly and a little lace circle to the inside. 



As I said these are really easy to create, pretty cheap also and they make great gift containers.  You don't even have to cut the can to make the taller one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...