Friday, March 13, 2015

Check out my Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage Recipes #HillshireSausage #spon

#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between my site and Hillshire. This could include Hillshire providing me w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.



Check it Out! In the three months that Delmar has been gone, I have found that I am serving kids themed meals more often than not.  I don't mean kids meals from a fast food restaurant, but chicken fingers, pizza, tacos and burgers from the kitchen.  I am getting in a rut and I am so ready to break free and get some variety in our dinner menu! So it was perfect timing when I got chosen for a Hillshire Farm Campaign!
I grew up in the north and smoked sausage was something we had frequently.  I have served it to my family in the past and they like it but I have always just served it pretty plainly.  Well with this campaign came the challenge to come up with some new ways to use Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage!
When coming up with new ideas on meals the main thing I have to remember is making sure they are still kid friendly.  After all I am feeding 3 kids and I am outnumbered! But I also want something that is flavorful and healthy.  Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage is a much cleaner and easier option to working with chicken and it is a quick and easy solution for weeknight dinner.
Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage is crafted to be better by experts that have perfected the pre-seasoning of their smoked sausage over the last 75 years.  I received two coupons good for free Hillshire Farm products and I purchased the Beef Smoked Sausage.  It is available in Turkey as well though.  
The first thing I wanted to make for the kids is some easy Smoked Sausage Crescent Rolls.  These are not only kid friendly and easy to make, they are yummy!  


Three simple ingredients make up this recipe.  Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage, Shredded Cheese and Crescent Rolls.



This fun recipe is great for any meal or even just a snack.  And they are great for parties too!



The first thing to do is to prepare the crescent rolls and to cut the sausage into pieces that will fit onto your crescent triangle.  I layered cheese and then the sausage and rolled them up as I normally would.  I like to keep the sausage inside the bread but you could cut the pieces bigger if desired.



The kids and I really love these. They go really fast around here! 
Now I also challenged my mom to make a dish using the Hillshire Farm Sausage and of course she created one of her favorite recipes.  A classic yet, slightly personalized dish, Sausage and Sauerkraut!  




I love when my mom cooks!  I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but she is a fantastic cook and loves to experiment and try new things.  For this dish she also used the Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage.  Here is the recipe:

  • 1 package Hillshire Farm Beef Smoked Sausage
  • 1 can of Sauerkraut
  • 1 Tsp Sesame Seed Oil
  • 1 Tsp. Cumin
  • Parsley

Mix all ingredients together in sauce pan on medium heat for 15 min.  Serve on top of mashed potatoes and garnish with parsley. 

I am not a huge fan of sauerkraut and before she started using this recipe I would typically just pick out the sausage and eat it, but there is something about this recipe that makes me love the sauerkraut too!  

You can get more info on all the Hillshire Farm products and get recipes, offers and more HERE.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...