Monday, January 20, 2014

Book Review: #EyesWideOpen by @TedDekker via @WorthyPub

*I received this book via Worthy Publishing for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.



Eyes Wide Open

Tedd Dekker



About the Book:
"My name is Christy Snow.  I'm seventeen and I'm about to die.  I'm buried in a coffin under tons of concrete.  No one knows where I am.  I hear sounds like a monster with clobber feet, running straight towards me.  I'm lying on my back, soaked with sweat from the hair on my head to the soles of my feet.  My hands and feet won't stop shaking.  Some will say that I'm not really here.  Some will say I'm delusional.  Some will say that I don't even exist.  But who are they?  I'm the one buried in a grave.  My name is Christy Snow.  I'm seventeen and I'm about to die."  

My Review
I love thrillers and although I have heard of Tedd Dekker, this is the first of his books that I have read and honestly I am not sure I liked it!  I mean I get it, but I didn't care for the ending.  It is quite a ride though as even you begin to wonder what is real and what isn't in this story.  
I read this book in one day.  It kept my attention and I couldn't stop reading to see if what I expected to happen, would.  It didn't!  I could not predict anything in this book, and will admit to sometimes being a little "lost" myself!  It is however a story that I will remember, thought provoking for sure. 
When I read the cover, I thought that the book would take place in a grave, and although Christy does get trapped, she doesn't stay there long...or does she?  What is on the other side of her "grave" is a psych ward!  I can't say anymore without giving away too much so I am recommending you give it a read and then me know what you think!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...