Check it Out! I realized the other day that I don't have a card holder for my Christmas cards that have been arriving daily. I had a really beautiful metal over the door holder that would hold a lot of cards before the fire, but it didn't make it out.
Since I am all about working with what I have, I decided that even though I didn't have the fabric or scrapbook paper that I wanted, I could still pull this off. So I rounded up a few supplies and made myself a Holiday Card Holder!
For my base I used an embroidery hoop. My neighbor had given me some wonderful Christmas placemats and napkins so I decided to use one of the napkins as my fabric. I also used clothespins, ribbon, glue and white paint.
Here is how I put it together...
- Step 1 - I sandwiched my napkin between the hoops (you could paint your hoops first if desired)
- Step 2 - Trim the excess fabric off around the outside of the hoop
- Step 3 - Fold over edges to inside back
- Step 4 - Glue down edges all the way around
- Step 5 - I painted my clothespins white
- Step 6 - Glue the clothespins to the hoop at desired places
- Step 7 - Attach a ribbon hanger
- Step 8 - Attach the bow
Here is my finished holder with no cards. I used hot glue so I had some of those little glue strands, sorry forgot to clean them off before I took the pic. ;0)