Monday, July 8, 2013

Make It Monday - Coffee Bar


Check it Out!  The kitchen in my house is super small and although my cabinets go all the way to the ceiling, they really aren't very functional for everyday use.  So I am left with 5 upper cabinets that are easy to reach.  Having 5 people in the house, we have to have at least 6 of everything, so I have little room for cups and coffee cups.  My counter tops are as equally small.  I also have a room that I guess is suppose to be a breakfast room, but is small as well and has enough room for just a small table, so I decided I wanted to make myself a coffee bar and this would be the perfect area for it.  Creating a coffee bar does 3 things for me, gives me more cabinet space, gives me more counter space, because my coffee pot is gone and gives me a central location for all the supplies for our coffee, which we enjoy everyday.  
I bought the stand, which is a bookcase on clearance at Target and got the tray and glass cutting board at the thrift store.  I found the canisters for the coffee, creamer and filters at Michael's on sale and I got those great diner prints from Kirkland's on sale as well!
I have to say that this is one of the best things I did for my kitchen, other than painting it.  We use it every morning and I love the extra space it created.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...