Monday, June 10, 2013

Make It Monday - Closet Makeover & Chalkboard Panels

Check it Out!  In the 6 months that we have been living in our new home, we have made quite a few changes.  I am not the type to just live in it.  I have to personalize it!  So with a clean slate to work with, we were able to fix things and fix things up!  This week for my Monday Make It, I wanna share a few of the changes we have made and show how easy it is to "make it" yours!


First I wanted to share how you can make a chalkboard on your closet doors.  My daughter is a doodler and loves to write and draw so we just bought a small bottle of chalkboard paint from Michael's and painted the insides of the raised panels on her closet doors.  
If your hesitant about getting a straight line, just run a line of tape to keep it square.


The other change I wanted to share is our living room coat closet.  Not one of my kids likes to use a hanger so I decided the coat closet would not have a rod.  So first thing we did in that old plain closet was strip it of the shelf and rod and then painted the walls.




We then put up 1 x 6's at head and hip heights and painted them a contrasting color.  I hit a sale to get those ceramic hooks and knobs for buy one get one free via Hobby Lobby and they are so pretty!  
I love the way this turned out and the kids love how easy it is to hang up their stuff now!  I'm thinking of using the same idea in their closets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...