Sunday, May 12, 2013

Book Review: The House on Plunkett Street by Lorena Bathey


*I received a copy of this book compliments of the author via Tomoson for purpose of this review, however all opinions are my own.


Check it Out!  I love a fun read!  You know what I mean, one where you find yourself smiling a lot and even chuckling out loud.  Well you will get just that with Lorena Bathey's House on Plunkett Street.  See this house isn't like any ordinary house, this house has ghosts! Now these aren't your normally read about creepy, evil ghosts but three lively, lovely, spirited ghosts.  Isolda, Polly and Hazel.  All three sent to teach one dull and uninteresting young lady how to live.
Phoebe Bertram is that dull and uninteresting young lady that comes to live in one of the apartments in the house on Plunkett Street.  From her dud of a boyfriend to her bland clothing, Phoebe is in need of a makeover and these ghosts are just the answer.  Each ghost plays a part in the change of Phoebe and it's quite a fun little ride.  The characters are so lively and well thought out and there are many moral lessons in this story.  From self-esteem issues to bullying there are some serious messages involved as well.  I thoroughly enjoyed the depth of the characters and how complex yet simple they were.   See each ghost comes from a different era, so we are treated to a little view of the past as well.  
Heartwarming and inspiring, with just the right amount of romance, this is a book that will have you laughing and crying but for all the right reasons!   


*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...