Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Review: Fully Alive by Ken Davis

 
Fully Alive:  A Journey that will change your life.
by:  Ken Davis
 
 
About the Book:
"Food labels, advertisements, politicians, self-help books – thay all promise the same things: a better life . . . or – as Jesus might put it – life to the fullest.
For millions this pursuit of happiness has captivated, ensnared, and, most disappointingly, it has alluded. Which begs the question, what is the missing link? Fully Alive explores the idea that God is glorified when man is "fully and eternally alive," illustrated by best-selling author and motivational speaker Ken Davis's most honest and intimate stories.
Ken invites us to walk with him on a journey, along a road of heartache and adventure to a place he calls "the land of the living," and discover what may be missing in our lives.
A poignant and entertaining storyteller, Davis points out the practical steps necessary to live this way – everything from lightening up to taking a quality of life assessment, to overcoming trials – while also revealing the power of Christ's resurrection available for each of us.
Get a taste of the beautiful urgency of today and begin moving toward a change in your life that draws from the joy and power that can be found only in Christ."

My Review:
I am so glad that I got the opportunity to review this book as I don't think I would have chosen this off the shelf.  I can't wait to pass it on to my son who at this time is struggling with living Fully Alive.  I can't wait for him to read the uplifting and easy to accomplish advice that Ken Davis has in this book.  From getting a grip on yourself physically to mentally, this is an awesome way to do it.  I really enjoyed the humor that the author uses, as it helps to see humor in my own situations, but I also appreciated the honest approach as well.  I love this...

"...Perfectionism, fear and impatience are all rooted in pride.  You might as well swallow your pride now.  You will fall.  There will be pain.  But the goal is worth the cost.  Failure and pain are the entry fee for trying, the foundation for learning, the price - and proof - of living fully alive.  The only people who don't fail and don't feel pain are people lying in an open box at the front of the church." 

I highly recommend this book for anyone who is struggling with feeling the most they can each and every day, people who are looking to put that spark back in their lives.  2 thumbs up!


*I received this book compliments of BookSneeze for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...