Monday, May 21, 2012

Make It Monday - Ribbon Storage

Check it Out!  As a crafter, I have an amazing assortment of ribbons becuase I use them for so many projects.  Storing all of them can be a challenge and can take up space.  Here are a few ways that I use to organize and store my ribbons and you can Make-It yourself too!
Because I love my supplies to be "handy" I like to create ways that I can see what I am storing while using some items that I already have laying around.
Every christmas I get a bath set in one of these thicker plastic bags, usually with a handle and by just punching some holes in it, I have a great little ribbon caddy.  This is great for all those loose longer pieces.  I first cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the front section and I punched through both layers to create a panel that makes it easier to see what ribbon is in what hole.
This can be made with pretty much any kind of heavier plastic bags, like those that curtains or sheets come in.

You can create a handle with ribbon and you can see why the front panel comes in handy. 
Another idea is using ice cream tubs.  These work great for those large bundles of fibers, like yarn.
 

Just punch holes and you can add gromets to finish it off.
Here is a great idea for ribbon rolls using a photo box.  Photo boxes come in a huge variety of patterns and they are stackable.  Using the same hole punch and grommets, just create a row of holes, line up your rolls inside and thread through the holes.  You can dispense alof of rolls from a box like this by putting holes all around it.

Here is another way to store a lot of ribbon rolls, using a tension rod.

If your ribbon rolls don't have holes in the center, you can use an ice pick or pencil to poke on through and then widen as necessary.

What is great about this method is that it can be used horizontally or vertically, whatever your space allows.

Here is how I keep mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...