Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Team up with Nissan and Habitat for Humanity to help build sustainable housing for those in need.

Check it Out!  I love to share that I am in love with my new Nissan!  About 10 months ago I bought the 2011 Nissan Quest and it's one of the best purchases that I have ever made!  The only thing better is my Habitat for Humanity home! 
Some of you may know that my family and I are Habitat recipients and as a matter of fact this year will be our 10 year anniversary in our home! 
Following the 2005 hurricane season, which brought the devestating Rita and Katrina hurricanes, Nissan and Habitat for Humanity teamed up to build affordable, sustainable homes for people in need.  And they have been doing an awesome job, so far they have:
* donated $7.5 million in grant money and donations to HFH
*built 50 homes
*donated 104 Nissan vehicles to help in building efforts
*over 5,000 Nissan employees have volunteered over 56,000 hours for Habitat for Humanity
In an effort to encourage you to participate Nissan wants you to visit http://www.nissanusa.com/habitat-for-humanity/ and check out volunteer opportunities near you or even to just make a donation.
They have also have this cool new Facebook app that lets you command the Nissan builder in a virtual Habitat build in a truly funny way!   Check these quick little videos out and see what I mean:




It's super fun, and the top 100 players with the highest scores will get a sweet prize:
A personalized video from Nissan volunteers, where they will hammer a nail for them as a thank you, as well as a Nissan t-shirt!  I am up to 36 points, can you beat me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...