Monday, May 2, 2016

#MakeItMonday - "Lost Sock" Laundry Room Wall Hanging



Check it Out!  Last week I posted my "Check Your Pockets"  laundry room wall hanging Make It Monday craft.  You can check it out HERE if you missed it.
This week I am sharing the "Lost Socks" wall hanging that I made to go with it.  Who doesn't end up with "clean and single" socks that need some mates? I'm pretty sure I get at least one for every 2 loads of laundry.  Well this is a great way to help them find their mates!  And cute too!


For this project I used an old wooden frame as my base.  I also used:
  • Wooden clothespins
  • Twine
  • Hot Glue
  • Cricut
  • Paper
  • Mod-Podge
  • Paint
  • Scrap wood



I painted my frame black because I wanted it to show up against my bright yellow walls.  I gave the frame a few coats of paint and let it dry completely.


My frame was rather thin and I needed a place to add my words so I found a piece of scrap wood that fit along the bottom perfectly.  I painted it the same color off white as my loose change project.


I adhered it to the bottom of the frame with glue but you could also nail it on.  If you used a larger width frame you could just not add the extra piece.


I added this wooden oval piece for some of my words.  I painted it black and distressed it around the edges for contrast.  I also glued it on.


I used my Cricut to create the letters for my words.  Ran the letters through my Xyron sticker maker and added them to the frame.


I used two strips of twine that I hot glued to the inside lip of the frame.  I apologize for the fuzziness of this picture.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I was all finished.  After adhering the twine to both edges of the frame I added some clothespins.



After adhering everything I added a few coats of Mod-Podge to seal it all in and a hanger on the back of the frame.




I love how it turned out and it is functional too!  Y'all know how much I love a "fun"ctional craft!! Now the kids know where to look for that lost sock every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...