Friday, June 6, 2014

Product Review: "TeenCoder: Windows Programming" course for 9th-12th grade students

*Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.




Check it Out!  My kids are very computer orientated!  My oldest son who is now 16 wants to be a game designer and a historian.  He is a huge gamer and has for many years had a desire to create his own games.  One of the big benefits of being home schooled is that he can spend more time learning to do this and has in fact taught himself a great deal.  He is pretty advanced and has knowledge that just blows my mind.
When I had the opportunity to review a computer science course for teens, I knew it would be perfect for him.  Thanks to Homeschool Programming Inc. my son has the power to learn right here at home.




KidCoder and TeenCoder are award winning computer science courses that are designed to teach  4th thru 12th graders how to create their own website, video game and apps.  They are self study curriculum that introduces students to modern, industry standard technologies.  They learn HTML, Java, C# and Visual Basic.   These courses are ideal for homeschool students that are seeking elective computer credits.  They are great for any student!  Courses like this might not be available through normal schools so it is always great to be able to offer them to your children.
We received the TeenCoder Windows Programming for 9th- 12th graders and my son loves it!  It takes you from the history of windows right on through to completely be able to create your own projects.  It is amazingly user friendly and is so well laid out that James uses it without any help from me.  It has everything you need to learn, from the workbook to quizzes.  He even enjoyed the quizzes!  How often can you say your kid enjoyed taking a quiz?
Simple yet engaging and fun, this is a winner for us.  I highly recommend checking it out if your child has an interest in computer science.


*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...