Saturday, January 11, 2014

Book Review: Seeing the Voice of God by Laura Harris Smith

*I received this book via Chosen for purposes of review, however all opinions are my own.

Seeing the Voice of God
by Laura Harris Smith


About the Book:
"We live in a post-verbal society that communicates through images--television, smartphones, the Internet--and our Creator longs to communicate with us visually if we'll live with our eyes wide open.
With absorbing insight, Seeing the Voice of God demystifies nighttime dreams and daytime visions, revealing the science behind the supernatural and giving you a biblical foundation for making sense of what you see. You'll also:
learn to discern if what you see is from God
study the ten most common types of dreams
discover spirit, mind, and medical tips for better dream recall
interpret dream symbols and imagery
review the best iPhone and Android sleep cycle apps."


My Review:
Although I am not a dreamer myself I have developed a slight fascination for the workings of dreams and how and why we dream what we do.  I have read a few books on the subject and was excited to be able to check this book out. 
My husband is plagued by nightmares, many recurring but usually always violent, and as the person who sleeps right beside him, I am amazed at how he dreams.  He shouts and cries in his sleep and has like a constant tick, moving his feet or arms just slightly, like jerks.  He awakens every morning disturbed and frustrated.  See he prays every night for relief and so far, hasn't found any, unless he takes a strong medication.  Well we don't like that so I have set out to try and interpret his dreams and see if we can figure out the message that God is trying to send him.  
I didn't get my full answer with this book, but I believe I learned that these nightmares that my husband have are not from God, and I gained a stronger knowledge of the sleep cycles, how diet and exercise play a role in sleep and even got some tips on getting better sleep.
This is a very in depth study and includes a lot of information including the ten most common types of dreams.  The author lists types of prophetic dreams, the different internal voices that may be heard and talks about visions in scripture as well. There is an interpretation and dream dictionary to help you and would be great reference for those keeping a dream book or log of their dreams.  The author also includes a prayer and an impartation to every chapter.  I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to reconnect to God through their dreams.      

Do you dream?  Do you remember your dreams or record them and analyze them?  Do you have nightmares? I would love to know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...