Sunday, November 24, 2013

Product Review: MIRA Glass Platform Digital Kitchen Scale


*I received the product in this post via Tomoson for purposes of review, however all opinions expressed are my own.



Check it Out!  I have never owned a kitchen scale before but have had many instances where I wished I had!  Especially when baking!  Around the holiday season I like to buy my baking supplies in bulk.  That usually means a very big bag of sugar and flour and such.  Some recipes call for whole packages of products and converting and measuring can be a pain for me so having a digital scale is going to really help me out this year! 
I recently received a cool new MIRA Digital Kitchen Scale via Tomoson for review and I tell you, I was so excited to use it!  This slim but sturdy little scale has a glass platform that makes it easy to clean.  This scale is ready to use right out of the box, which I love!  It has a long lasting lithium battery included. 



Since the MIRA Digital Food Scale has a TARE function that ignores a plate or dish and will only weigh the food inside I knew it would be perfect to help me measure out my 1 lb of confectioners sugar that I needed for my super simple Fudge recipe I was using.  I did a little experimenting to see how accurate this scale is and it is dead on.  I was easily able to measure out exactly 1 pound of sugar from a 4 pound bag, directly in my mixing bowl!  Measuring liquids was equally as easy!


This scale has an easy to read large display read out with three weighing options:  grams, pounds or ounces.  It gives precise and consistent readings in 1gram or 0.1 ounce increments up to 11 pounds, so this would be a perfect gift idea for the dieter in your life.  
I love being able to know what size my baked potato is now and measuring cooked cubed meats and veggies is super easy as well.


Because the MIRA Digital Kitchen Scale is slim and relatively small, it is easy to store and keep on hand.  It's easy to keep clean as well and it shuts itself off after a minute or two of nonuse.  
This scale is available on Amazon and comes with a 2 year manufactures warranty so you can count on getting the support you need if something happens to it. 



Not only has my holiday baking been made easier, but my everyday cooking needs as well.  I have found that measuring out equal amounts of candy to the three kiddos is easier too!  Much more accurate than a measuring cup.


*I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...