Monday, September 2, 2013

Book Review: A Simple Change by Judith Miller

*I received this book via Bethany House Publishers for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.



A Simple Change:  Home to Amana
by Judith Miller

About the Book:
"She never imagined a simple change could be so complicated...
Middle Amana, Iowa, 1881
When her parents decide to sell their home and move to the Amana Colonies, Jancey Rhoder must make a difficult decision. Should she give up her beloved teaching job and her carefree life in Kansas City to go with them? 
Her suitor, Nathan Woodward, doesn't want her to go, but Jancey feels she must give this new life a try. Her mother is sick, and these next few months may be the last Jancey gets to spend with her. But will this move spell the end of her relationship with Nathan? And when life in Amana is far more mysterious and challenging than Jancey expected, will she choose to return to the city, or will she make this unique place her forever home?"

My Review:
I really enjoyed this story and it is one that will stay with me for some time.  I absolutely loved reading about the rules, ways and means of the Amana Colonies.  I could visualize the settings and the characters as well.  I really liked Jancy and her parents as well as Ritt and Madelyn.    
This story has some mystery, history and a little bit of action but mostly hearfelt love.  From her devotion to her parents to her personal desires, Jancy is facing many changes and some unexpected mysteries in her new life.  The arrival of her former suitor Nathan creates even more problems and Jancy needs to find the courage and faith to get through. 
It's a nice little journey to take with Jancy and I really liked the ending!  2 Thumbs Up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...