Thursday, May 2, 2013

Book Review: These Are The Days of Elijah by R.T. Kendall

*I received this book compliments of Chosen Books for purpose of this review, however all opinions are my own.

Cover Art

These are the Days of Elijah 
by R. T. Kendall

About the Book:
God used Elijah to accomplish great things--and He can use you, too.Elijah is marked as one of the greatest prophets of the Bible. More than a gifted seer, he spoke directly for God, and with His authority. Elijah is the only prophet to have called down fire from heaven, and one of only two individuals in Scripture taken to heaven before tasting death. Yet this remarkable agent of the Lord was also very human, afflicted with the very same failings and fears you have.With keen insight and practical application, beloved theologian and teacher R. T. Kendall explores the triumphs and contradictions of this powerful man of God. You will love seeing how Elijah was like you--righteous but proud, strong but cowardly, blessed but tested by trial and doubt.And you will take joy in realizing how God will use you, as He did Elijah, for His perfect glory.
My Review:
Well I really couldn't get into this book.  It's short and it's full of information and for me almost too much information that I get lost.  It's a very comprehensive and detailed book that I think would be great for a group study more so than individual reading.  It gives way to discussions, which can help clarify things sometimes.  If you have never studied Elijah and have an interest in learning more about how God used this ordinary man then you should really check this book out.  Just not for me.
*I received this book compliments of Chosen Books for purpose of this review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...