Saturday, May 4, 2013

Album Review: Rod Stewart's "Time" My #timewithrod

*I received an advanced preview copy of the album in this post compliments of One2One Network for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.




Check it Out!  Being a music lover since childhood, I have always been a Rod Stewart fan. The ever classic Maggie May and You wear it Well are some of my fave tunes from the first three decades of his career.  However, it's been 20 years since we have heard any new material from him.  So, when I recently got the opportunity to sign up for a new Rod Stewart album review via One2One Network, I got myself signed up quick and am super excited to share that I got chosen and I received my early preview CD in the mail yesterday.  
Time is Rod Stewart's new landmark album that features 12 tracks, 11 of which he wrote and produced himself.  Here is the tracklisting for Time:
  1. She Makes Me Happy
  2. Can't Sop Me Now
  3. It's Over
  4. Brighton Beach
  5. Beautiful Morning
  6. Live The Life
  7. Finest Woman
  8. Time
  9. Picture In A Frame
  10. Sexual Religion
  11. Make Love To Me Tonight
  12. Pure Love
Check out this exclusive video featuring a montage of seven tracks and never before seen video excerpts from Time below.   



Time will be released on May 7th by Capitol Records and is available for worldwide pre-order on iTunes HERE and Amazon HERE now.  If you pre-order you will also get a deluxe edition with 3 bonus songs.  Get more information on purchasing and on his "Live The Life" tour that begins in Europe on June 1st at www.rodstewart.com




So as soon as I brought this CD in the house, I took it down to the basement where hubby was playing pool and put it in the CD player, turned it up and listened to whole thing twice in a row!  At one point I left hubby alone and when I came back, this was during the track Finest Woman, caught him in the air guitar position and he looked at me and said "I Like It!"  Then he said, some songs sounded country, but they all pretty much sounded like the Rod Stewart style he was used to, except that they were "more upbeat and positive songs" which he really loved.
I really enjoyed all the songs, but I would have to say that She Makes Me Happy and Finest Woman are my faves right now.  I really love the upbeat tempos but also enjoyed the ballads.  The songs are almost like a love story, you know, a real love story, with ups and downs.  A coaster ride of sorts, that's what this album is like for me, a gentle smooth flowing enjoyable coaster! It is also the new permanent CD in the pool room player!

*I received an advanced preview copy of the album in this post compliments of One2One Network for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...