Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Book Review: Everything the Bible Says about Prayer

Everything the Bible Says About Prayer

 
About the Book:
Countless books have been written about how to pray, what to pray, and when to pray. But this book includes exactly what God says about prayer, straight from his Word.
The Bible talks a lot about prayer. God reveals the elements of effective prayer and promises to hear and answer our prayers. His Word also gives many examples of prayer from his faithful followers, including David, Moses, Hannah, and more. And Jesus himself teaches us how to pray.
In this clear, concise book, all the scriptural prayers and primary references to prayer have been carefully collected and organized into useful categories. When necessary, brief explanations are provided, using insights gathered from trustworthy commentaries.
Let the Bible's timeless truths encourage you to grow closer to the Lord through prayer today.
My Review:
I absolutely love this little book and will be referring to it often.  I found so many uplifting and helpful scriptures, prayers and promises that I want to refer back to that I broke out the highlighter
and put this book right by my bible.  I really like the way the book is laid out and that there are some explanations included.  It starts out explaining prayer, why it's important to pray and using references from the bible shows you how to pray.  2 Thumbs Up!

*I received this book compliments of Bethany House Publishers for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...