Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday's Tip - Thrifty Toy Storage


Check it Out!  If you have kids, you have toys, especially if you have more than one kid!  Having 3 we had a ton of toys, and with 3 so close in age, I needed a system for all those toys!  So here is a tip on how to store alot of toys!
When we moved into our home 10 years ago, my kiddos were only 4, 5 and 6.  We have a 4 bedroom home but I chose to bunk the boys together and use the third kids room as a playroom. 
The first thing I did was have hubby install shelving boards near the top of the wall.  I then used inexpensive bins and containers I picked up from the Dollar Tree to store toys/games and other kidstuff in. 


Using a system of 1 bin at a time, the kids could choose a bin/container to play with and only when it was cleaned up and put away could they have a new bin!
Worked great, especially with lego's, playdoh, and tea party stuff! 
Oh and that play table is a dining room table that had a center base originally and I removed the center and used the brackets and legs from one of those small round tables to make new shorter legs!

As my kids got older the toys changed and eventually we moved DJ into his own room. When we did, one of those shelves went into his room also and as they have gotten older these shelves have served so many purposes and have now evolved into book shelves and display areas!  Here is how that room looks now:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...