Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday's Tip - Washing Machine Odors?

White Washing Machine with Lid Open Ready for Laundry clipart
Check it Out!  My washing machine is one of the most used appliances in my home!  With 3 kids, there is an endless supply of laundry so taking care of my washer and dryer are top priority in this house!
I often hear people say that they have a smell inside their washer, and I always recommend a few things:
1. Always leave your washer door open, that allows it time to air dry and any water left in the bottom can evaporate reducing the chance of odors.
2.  Never leave clothes in the washer, whether dry and dirty or wet and clean they will both cause odors to build.
3.  About once every 3 months "clean" the washer by running an empty washer cycle with a packet of Lemonade Kool-Aid drink mix in the water.  The citric acid in the mix works well to remove stains and freshen it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...