Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Make It - Shopping Bag Flowers

Check it Out!  If your like me, you have a stash of those plastic bags that come from the stores.  I use them as trash bags for my small cans in the bathrooms but you can also use them to make some flowers.  Use them for hair bows, pins, shoe pompoms, whatever your mind can think of!
I use large craft buttons for the center of my flower and then run a hair clip or large bobby pin through the button hole under the flower for the hair bow.
So here is how you get the bag into a flower:
Start with a plastic bag laid out flat and cut both ends off...


Discard the ends and fold the side ends together...

and then fold it again in half...


keep folding until you get it about 2 inches wide...

I use my low temp hot glue gun to glue the open ends shut...

cut the unglued edge of the strip open, making sure you go through all the layers...



Now you can start cutting your fringe.  Cut almost to the glue edge, making you cuts fairly close together to create the fringe...

Now just roll the uncut edge around together, gluing as needed to create your flower...


Shake it a bit to remove any of the loose pieces and
add a button to the center for a flower or fluff it up and make it a pompom! 
You could even layer them up.



Go ahead Make It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...