Monday, June 11, 2012

Make It Monday - Recycle Jeans into bags!


Check it Out!  With 3 rapidly growing kids, we always have some old jeans layin' around and I don't know about you but I love denim and you can do so much with it so I never "throw" them out!
I have a hosted party event coming up this month for Crowdtap and Woolite and my theme is "Rock your Jeans", so I decided to use up some of those old jeans and create bags for my guests to "Rock out" with bling that I will provide.
Making these are super easy and even if you don't sew!  I use hot glue!  Here is how easy it is to make a bag from jeans...

You can use any jean, these are a boys size 10 so they will make a smaller bag.  Of course the bigger the size, the bigger the bag.


First step is to cut off the legs, I cut right below the crotch.  Then I can cut out that extra piece at the  crotch.  Don't throw those legs away...


Cut the seam strip out of the leg to use for your handle.


Now just tuck the raw seam under to create the bottom of the bag.  Ironing it down once done, makes it a crisp fold so you know exactly where to lay your glue...



Now I just glue between the seems pressing them together...


To create the handle I glued the ends of my seam strip to the inside sides of the waist band and...


Tada... a cute denim bag ready to be blinged out!
These were carpenter jeans so I had a little pocket that I just couldn't throw out, so...



Using another piece of the leg, I cut out a matching shape and another piece of seam for the handle...


Then I just glued around the perimeter, creating a pocket and glueing my handles in at the sides to create a cool little cell phone bag...


Here are a pair of large womens jeans that had a cool denim belt already attatched...


So I made a larger size bag...


I used the belt that came with it, cut in half to create the straps and it makes a great backpack too!  Just use some velcro strips glued or sewn along the waist band to keep it closed.


I can't wait to see how my guests bling up their bags!

Here are a few I blinged up using pockets!




 These are made the same way as the cell phone pocket, just sandwich your ribbon between the layers.


And these are made using the two pockets back to back.  The pink one on the right is Tori's and she wanted it to close so I used one of the belt loop tabs and velcro dots to make the closure tab! 
You can make your handle really long for an across the shoulder bag too, that's what Tori wants on the one she is going to make!

Go ahead Make It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...