Sunday, January 1, 2012

Product Review: Purex Ultra Packs Liquid Laundry Detergent


Check it Out!  Purex is at it again, and as a Purex Insider I get to try their new product out before it even hits the shelves!
Purex has packaged their latest Triple Action Liquid Detergent formula into conveniently pre-dosed packs that are bound to make laundry easier.  Purex Ultra Packs will officially launch in February 2012, but you can get a sneak peek and Check it Out with Dawn right now!
Purex has managed to squeeze all the performance of their new Triple Action liquid into one powerful little pack.  Each Purex UltraPack contains 2x the concentrated liquid detergent.  They dissolve quickly once in the water and are formulated and safe for all machines, including high- efficiency(HE). 
Purex UltraPacks will be available in Mountain Breeze and Free & Clear.  I received a full size sample of the Mountain Breeze and of course there is always laundry to be done in this house so I got right to trying them out. 
Having boys there is always a stain or two to tend to and lucky for DJ he made this mess on his new DC shirt, right before I started a load.  Fruit Juicy Red Hawaiian punch, now there is a test.
Since they are made of a dissolvable film, you do need to make sure your hands are dry and the directions recommend that you put 1 pack in the washer before adding the clothes.  For heavily soiled or larger loads, 2 packs can be used. 
I have a large capacity washer and dryer so I used 2 packs in my load.
I like to see the suds foam up, it makes me feel like there is cleaning power in there, but I was a little disappointed in the sudsing action that I got.  It seemed like it took a little time for the packs to dissolve, but the proof is in the product as they say, just look at DJ's shirt...
Just like brand new.  My clothes smelled good too.  When I did the next load I placed the packs in the bottom of the washer and started the water with no clothes and watched the packs to see how long it took for them to melt and open, and even with cold water they were open and the water was sudsy within' seconds so giving the water about a minute before adding clothes gets more foamy suds action.
Purex UltraPacks work great and would be awesome for people who have to carry their laundry away from home or when traveling.  Couple of packs in a ziploc, no heavy bottles or boxes of detergent to lug around, no mess either. 
 Once the product is launched in February, there will be opportunities to get a free sample of this great new product, so keep checkin' it out with Dawn for more info!

*As a Purex Insider I received samples and information via Purex about the product in this post, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...