Friday, November 11, 2011

Book Review: The Voice New Testament

The Voice New Testament
published by:  Thomas Nelson


About the Book:
"The Voice Bible translation is a faithful dynamic translation of the Scriptures done as a collage of compelling narratives, poetry, song, truth, and wisdom. The Voice calls the reader to step into the whole story of Scripture and experience the joy and wonder of God’s revelation. Created for and by a church in great transition, The Voice uniquely represents collaboration among scholars, pastors, writers, musicians, poets, and other artists, giving great attention to the beauty of the narrative. The heart of The Voice is retelling the story of the Bible in a form as fluid as modern literary works yet remaining painstakingly true to the original manuscripts. This translation promotes the public reading of longer sections of Scripture—followed by thoughtful engagement with the biblical narrative in its richness and fullness and dramatic flow.  This is an updated and revised version of the New Testament edition."

My Review:
I have to admit that I didn't think I would like this book but after spending time with it, I find it a wonderful addition to our library.  As a homeschool mom, one of the subjects I am responsible for is Spiritual and this is a wonderful help for me.  It puts the bible into modern language and therefore makes it more interesting, more compelling!  It makes it easy to actually read a whole book from the bible.  In fact if you follow the plan listed in the preface, you can read the New Testament in 24 weeks!  There is also suggested readings for Lent and Easter as well as Readings to Celebrate Lent.  I really like the Daily Readings for Personal Growth.  This is a great book and I give it 2 Thumbs Up!

*I received the book in this post compliments of BookSneeze for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...