Friday, October 21, 2011

Book Review: Heaven is For Real For Kids by Todd & Sonja Burpo

Heaven is For Real For Kids
by:  Todd & Sonja Burpo

About the Book:
"Heaven is for real, and you are going to like it!
Colton Burpo came back from his trip to heaven with a very important message: Jesus really, really loves children. In effort to reach even more families with this eternally significant story, this runaway bestseller is now told from Colton—kid to kids! Children will receive the same comfort and assurance that so many adults have received from the trade book.
Beautifully illustrated, under Colton's direction, this book is uniquely written from a child for a child. Colton tells of his experiences in first person and comments on things that will be important to kids. A letter to parents is included to guide them in talking to their children about heaven. Scripture along with Q&A section with answers from the Bible are also included in the book."


My Review:
This is a fabulous book for any child to own.  I recently read Heaven is for Real and it is now one of my faves so I was excited to get the chance to share the kid version with my kids.  Although I had pretty much told them Colton's story this was a no nonsense way to explain it.  This is Colton's experience in his own words, written with his voice to share with other children.  The illustrations are Colton's own descriptions of what he saw on his journey and they are fabulous.  Although this book is geared towards the younger child, the overall message is ageless, Heaven is for Real and Jesus really, really loves children!!  Even at 11, my daughter Victoria said she found it very moving.  This would make an excellent Christmas gift for a beginning reader.
*I received the book reviewed in this post compliments of BookSneeze for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...