Thursday, August 11, 2011

Heely's Review & Special Offer

Check it Out!  It starts with a cool looking box that inside contains:

some pretty cool lookin' shoes.  Wait, those aren't ordinary shoes, those are Heelys!  Never heard of Heelys?  Allow us to introduce them to you! 
Heelys are the original shoes with wheels in the heels that allow you to transition from a walk to a roll by shifting your weight to the heel.  What makes these rockin' is that in just seconds you can turn your Heelys into safe street shoes by simply removing the wheels and replacing the Heel Plug.  Super cool! 
So when I was first offered the opportunity to try these cool shoes out I thought I might just break my neck if I tried them and after getting them on and taking a step, yep.. I was right!  So, the above photo is the only one with those Double Threat Heelys on my feet!  However, theses shoes also fit my daughter Victoria, so she gave them a try as well..
and she didn't really take to the wheels but she absolutely loved the shoes and asked could she just wear them as street shoes.  Yeah, not what DJ had in mind, so of course the skater in the family gave them a try and the rest is history! (yes 2 of my children wear the same size shoe as I do!)

It took him about 2 hours to get the balance and weight adjustments down and then he was off!  I actually feel much better about his safety in the Heelys than I do when he is on a skateboard and what a great workout he is getting!  I am a little jealous!  
So as you can see we got the Double Threat Heelys in Black/Grey/Orange color that retail for $59.99 and these are some super well made shoes.  Solid construction makes the shoes sturdy and stylish.  They even come with a heel plug removal tool that can fit right in a pocket.  Switching to wheels is super fast too.  In fact DJ made a short little video to show just how easy it is.
Check it Out...
Now it is important to know all the safety basics about Heelys and they have that covered on their website.  They have an awesome SKATE101 page where you can get all the info you need to insert and remove your wheels as well as safety basics and there are even tricks and videos to see.  There is also a Heely's Playbook that is perfect for printing out to remind skaters of the safety rules for Heelys.
Check out Heelys Facebook and Twitter pages also to keep up with all the latest info and deals.
Speaking of deals...  Heelys is throwing a Labor Day/Back-to-School special and between Sept 2-Sept 5, when you Buy one pair of Heelys, you can get the second pair for only $30!
Happy Skating!


*I received the shoes used in this post compliments of Heelys and Business2Blogger for purposes of this review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...