Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Power Rangers Samurai Review & The emPOWER Program

Check it Out! Last night was the series premiere of one of the world's most successful kids action series, Power Rangers.  Now in it's 19th season, it has moved from Disney to Nickelodoen and just got a shiny, martial-arts-influenced update with a new cast of Rangers to become Power Rangers Samurai!  The show combines comedy with action-filled storylines and never-before-seen villains, as well as high-octane action, martial arts and advanced special effects.   I was invited to review the new show courtesy of the One2One Network and since I have never really been a Power Ranger watcher I decided to let my boys review it for me.  So they sat down to the all-new half-hour series and then I allowed them each to type in their review.  First let me share with you what the episode was about:
"In the action-packed premiere episode, “The Team Unites,” after Mike can’t anticipate an attack like Kevin and Jayden, he grows frustrated and takes a break from training to meet up with old friends. But when a long-armed monster named Rofer attacks, Mike unsuccessfully attempts to fight him alone, and his friends are injured. Jayden and Mentor explain the hard truth that Samurai Rangers must stay away from family and friends in order to protect them from the dangers that are involved with being a Ranger. Inspired, Mike begins to take his role and training as a Samurai Ranger more seriously. With Jayden’s help, Mike uses his training and creativity to anticipate Rofer’s moves and defeats him."

**My 12 year olds Review
 I am not really into power rangers,but this movie is people trying to make it for older viewers. i think that they take to long to get in to there suits, they would get beat really fast if they really took that long. The villians are unrealistic but they are classic.  I see that they are mostly trying to keep the classic Power Rangers feel but I think they should at least add a little extra to the villans to make them that new next genoration feel that all the new movies are trying to get. And there is to much civilian damage (example: when they are in the big robot thing they would of destroyed about 10-20 building in the prosses of fighting) overall it was pretty good but I dont really think its for the older audience.
**My 13 year olds Review
It was pretty good, the villians were cool as far as powers and techniques go, plus their voices sounded villainish.  I think that they take kinda long to get their suits on. If they took less time the makers could fit more action into the show. The action was awsome and the rangers' suits and weapons were pretty cool as well.  I also really loved the giant robot, when all the little robots combined and they fought the giant villian. But, I'm not sure how they didn't blow up half the city while fighting it. The concept of the villians trying to make humans cry so their river will get higher was pretty creative and I like the idea of it. Overall it was pretty epic.

The Power Rangers work together in every episode to solve a different challenge and the Power Rangers emPOWER Movement provides parents and kids the tools they need to work together to grow healthy and support healthy communities. emPOWER inspires participation in schools, online and in local communities to demonstrate the Power Rangers values:
* Standing for What's Right
* Teamwork and Cooperation
* Confidence
* Health and Physical Fitness
* Caring and Friendship
And Check this out parents can nominate their children for the "Ranger of the Week" on the emPower Facebook page HERE where every week they feature a young person who is making a difference in their family, school or community.  It features the Ranger of the Week's photo and story about how they are making a difference.  There are also great tips and resource ideas.  Check it Out!

**I received information about the Power Rangers and the emPower movement via One2One Network however all opinions are my own (and my boys)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...